Saturday, April 25, 2015
Thursday, April 09, 2015
planning to cheat (on your diet of course) this weekend? here's my Top 4 favorite places in Cebu to get your happy carbs fix :)
1.Pho Xao from Phat Pho - this Vietnamese fried noodles is loaded with prawns and vegetables (bean sprouts, crispy fried shallots, carrots and spring onions) and you can ask them to serve it mild or super spicy (i prefer the latter). I usually pair this with sticks of beef satay and Vietnamese rolls, and yes, no rice needed!
2. Cacio E Pepe from Tavolata - their version is a personal favorite. This dish is a tricky order because it's either a hit or a miss partly because of how simple it is to make. Tavolata's version achieves the right balance of cream and pepper and the handmade pasta seals the deal. It's creamy but not overpowering and the fettucini is perfect to the bite.
3. Hazelnut Pancakes from Tinderbox - if you're craving for something sweet then head over to Tinderbox and order this masterpiece. Stack of pancakes with hazelnut spread and sliced bananas, whip cream and sprinkle of powdered sugar. I think I just gained a few pounds trying to describe the entire plate.
4. Lasagna from The Corner Bakery - probably the best lasagna in this side of the world! I have been trying to hack the bechamel recipe for months but to no success. Their lasagna has a "melt in your mouth" goodness and the flavor is perfectly balanced. Plus the fact that I live few cartwheels away from the bakery is the icing on the cake! :)
Sunday, April 05, 2015
Saturday, April 04, 2015
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
crazy days..time flies fast when you're having fun indeed (yes even when you're at work)
Saturday, July 07, 2012
...anyway, lunch was superb earlier and my dessert was to die for that i didn't really mind the sore throat at all..try to look away if you don't want to see somethig sinfully good :)
Thursday, June 21, 2012
...good thing i opted for MyHealth instead of Chong Hua (where i had countless bad experiences)...the staff was really nice and process was very effecient and comfortable...i wouldn't have any second thoughts the next time i'm up for another ECU
...the only better way to end the ECU is to have a Greek feast for lunch from my favorite Cyma...happy tummy, happy me :)
Friday, June 15, 2012
if you have one installed in your Iphone or Android, please follow me: @iamkilcher :)
Saturday, May 26, 2012
...cheers to Instagram flooding and more impromptu blog posts! :)
Sunday, May 20, 2012
...i'll have another US trip coming in a couple of months and that's something to look forward to but for now, i'll go back to breeding dragons...and yes, i finally got to breed the coveted emerald dragon..yes! LOL!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
..i started off with a late lunch at Tea of Spring..i shy away from the tempting Tides lunch buffet coz i wanted something new and light...ordered some stir-fried udon in black pepper, freshly steamed shrimp dumplings (which is the best i've tasted by the way) and a serving of jasmine tea...it's a dimsum feast i don't mind doing more often :)
...after lunch, i went to my favorite Shangri-la spot (the big rock right in the beach front) and started reading the remaining chapters of "A Clash of Kings" while playing my beachfront playlist in my ipod (it's a combination of All Saints, Dario G, Moby, Madonna and few Hed Kandi remixes)..the only break i had was when i took a solo shot of myself to capture the moment :)
...around 3 PM, i decided to move to different spot to finish reading my book while stealing glances at beautiful strangers by the poolside - and i have the perfect thirst quencher to beat the heat while doing that :)
...i no longer waited for sunset as i needed to meet up with some friends for dessert...meet up with them in Dolce (which is a new happy place for me) and had servings of their famous butter cake paired with some Italian coffee
...after dessert, i decided to skip dinner - i needed a long shower more than anything else and went straight to sleep..it felt really good doing something spontaneous and rewarding at the same time and can't wait for the next one :)
Friday, April 06, 2012
...the moisturizer is noncomedogenic which means it doesn't clog your pores, it's also light and non-greasy and easily absorbed by the skin..i was so happy with the result that i decided to get a toner from Clarins as well..funny thing was my Clarins attendant gave me some ab-firming lotions as freebies..either she was being sweet or it's her subtle way of saying i'm fat..i'll remind myself to always wear my Spanx when out LOL!
..i have also taken my perfume selection to a more upscale level by choosing CREED...it's way too pricey for a bottle of perfume but it's well worth it (one bottle is equivalent to the price of 3 Diesel/Issey Miyake)..i lean towards fresh, fruity scents so Royal Water is just perfect for me...this will be my scent for summer/spring 2012 :)
...i just needed one more thing before i get back to my usual spending budget, and that is to get this Oxford blazer from Zara..it was love at first sight and lust beyond words LOL!!! my friend from NYC is buying me one and i should be sporting this one off the rack come May..i can't wait!!
...and ow, before i finish this post, who's going to Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball in Manila? i know it will be awesome and it will be absolute love if i can join the party :)
Monday, April 02, 2012
...here's what i have so far for the past 3 days :)
Day 1 - #photoadayapril #yourreflection - something vintage from Dos Palmas in Palawan :)
Day 2 - #photoadayapril #colour - yummy treats from the infamous Cafe Lalo in NYC :) this is the one of the locations for the movie You Got Mail and their desserts are to die for :) if you happen to visit NYC, this cafe should be on your list :)
Day 3 - #photoadayapril #mail - i have been with the AOL account for the past 6 years and had the opportunity to visit AOL's headquarters in Virginia last year..cheers to 6 more years LOL!!!
..i never thought doing something as trivial as this can be so much fun :)
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
1. Blood for Poppies by Garbage - yes, the goddess is back and hotter than ever!! Shirley Manson is divine and perfection in every inch!
2. Feel so Close by Clavin Harris
3. Shake it Out by Florence and the Machine
4. Pumped Up Kicks by Foster The People
5. Room for Happiness by Kaskade feat. Skylar Grey
6. Gangster Tripping by Fatboy Slim - it's a must to insert a classic piece and this one's way too good to be not on a running playlist
7. Wild Ones by Flo Rida and Sia
8. Collide by Leona Lewis and Avicii
9. Blue Jeans (RAC Remix) by Lana Del Rey - a current obsession
10. Walk by The Foo Fighters
..i got these babies on auto-repeat and follow it with the perfect cool down tracks which serve as a perfect finish to the entire run :)
1. Breathe Me by Sia
2. Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars - their Barton Hollow album is one of my current obsessions
3. Tomorrow Will be Kinder by The Secret Sisters
4. Lego House by Ed Sheeran
5. Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron and Wine
...what's in your running playlist?
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
...i don't have the talent when it comes to drawing (i'd like to think i'm the worst in the world) but it amazes me how my friends can still managed to guess my drawings no matter how abstract/obscure they looked LOL...take this one as an example - when i was starting to draw this, i was trying to draw an anchor and submitted it to a friend..she ended up very frustrated trying her hardest to guess what the drawing was and ended up posting the picture in her Facebook timeline for help LOL!!!
..i know it looked like more of a capital J than an anchor hahaha but that's the beauty of the game...it doesn't need a lot of skill or talent for that matter...all you need is a free imagination and some common sense :)
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
...the only other thing that's keeping me busy these days aside from work is Champ..i found a new love for dogs and i'm starting to feel really comfortable around them...last Sunday, i took Champ out for a photoshoot but it didn't work out that well..Champ is the worst dog model in the world LOL! i can't manage to get a clear shot of his face...not a single one :(
...summer has officially started and the heat outside is just CRAZY...i'm still planning for a vacation mid-April but for now, i'm fine with a pint of Cherry Garcia to beat the heat :)